Athletics at CMHS is an important part of our broader mission to develop young men and women into people of great character. Outstanding coaches and programs help students develop discipline, place others before self, and handle both joy and disappointments with grace and a generous spirit. In a real way, then, athletics is best understood as “co-curricular” with our overall program at CMHS.
Over 75% of CMHS students participate in at least one sport in any given year, and some may participate in more.
By fielding 28 different teams in 14 sports, we encourage and invite our students to live a commitment to the development of the spirit, mind, and body.
Athletic Department Directory
- Larry Antonucci – Athletic Director: (941) 371-4917 x156
- Drew Mitchell – Assistant Athletic Director/Head Boys Golf Coach
- Jared Clark – Football – Varsity Head Coach
- Christi McDonald – Cross Country – Head Coach
- Vince Cherry – Basketball-Head Coach
- Alice Smithers – Swimming – Head Coach
- Clay Slentz –Golf-Girls Head Coach
- Drew Mitchell – Golf – Boys Head Coach
- Cori Fanti – Cheerleading
- Chad Davis – Volleyball/Beach Volleyball
- Marlon Williams – Basketball – Girls Varsity Head Coach
- Juan Osorio – Soccer – Boys Head Coach
- Graham Warne – Soccer – Girls Head Coach
- Mike Mercurio – Baseball – Varsity Head Coach
- Track & Field Head Coach
- Derek Wagner – Lacrosse – Boys Head Coach
- Lacrosse – Girls Head Coach
- Tennis – Girls/Boys Head Coach
- Scott Ruane – Weightlifting
- Kirsten Smith – Softball