8th Grade Students:
The first formal step to applying to Cardinal Mooney High School is registering and taking the high school placement test. This is a national high school exam written by Scholastic Testing Services. The exam covers five areas: verbal, language, reading, math skills and quantitative math (math aptitude). Detailed tests results will be mailed to each family in January. This test will also be used to determine academic scholarships at Cardinal Mooney.
Please fill out the online admissions application and register for the placement test by clicking here. For those unable to attend on these dates, please call 941-379-2647 to make other arrangements for testing.
8th Grade application process: Click here
Placement Test: The placement test will be offered on the following dates:
- Partner school testing dates to be administered at the partner school location:
Incarnation Catholic School – Monday, December 2
St. Martha Catholic School – Tuesday, December 3
St. Joseph Catholic School – Thursday, December 5
- Saturday, December 14, 2019, Saturday, January 25, 2020
- January: Acceptance letters – Acceptance letters for those students testing in December will be sent during the month of January after the test scores arrive.
- Open House at Cardinal Mooney – Sunday, November 10, 2019, 11 am- 1 pm.
- Class registration – In March, parents and students will meet individually to schedule courses and complete the school registration. Exact times and dates will be mailed with the test results.
Cardinal Mooney High School will award scholarships to the following:
Top 3 scores for the placement tests taken in December will be awarded a recurring scholarship of $1500 applied to for the student’s tuition for the 4 years at CMHS.
Score in the top 90% – receive a one-time $1000 scholarship applied to the freshman tuition
Score in the 80-90% – receive a one-time $500 scholarship applied to the freshman tuition
Cardinal Mooney High School accepts students into grades 10 and 11 if space is available. Only incoming 12th graders new to the area will be considered for acceptance. As a general policy, transfer students will only be accepted at the beginning of the semester (August or January).
Transfer student application process- CLICK HERE
Provide Cardinal Mooney with a high school transcript. Please contact the guidance office of your current high school to acquire a copy of the transcript.
- Contact Rene Hebda at 379-2647 Ext. 155 to schedule a private meeting. The student and parent must attend this meeting. Students must provide official transcript, attendance records and any disciplinary records.
PLEASE NOTE: Transfer students must release the discipline records from their previous school to ensure that the student is in good standing upon entering Cardinal Mooney High School.
For all admissions questions contact Rene Hebda at 941-379-2647 Ext. 155.