8th Grade Students:
The first formal step to applying to Cardinal Mooney High School is registering and taking the high school placement test. This is a national high school exam written by Scholastic Testing Services. The exam covers five areas: verbal, language, reading, math skills and quantitative math (math aptitude). Detailed tests results will be mailed to each family 3-4 weeks after the exam. This test will also be used to determine academic scholarships at Cardinal Mooney.
Please click here to register for the placement exam
8th Grade application process:
Placement Test: The placement test will be offered on the following dates:
- Saturday, December 3, 2016; Saturday, January 14, 2017; Thursday, February 2, 2017; Thursday, February 23 Thursday, March 2, 2017; Thursday, April 6, 2017
Please click here to register for placement test. For those unable to attend on these dates, please call 941-379-2647 to make other arrangements for testing.
- January: Acceptance letters – Acceptance letters for those students testing on December 3 will be sent during the month of January after the test scores arrive. Students will receive test results approximately 4 weeks after testing.
- Open House at Cardinal Mooney – Sunday, November 13, 2016 – noon-1:30 p.m.
- Parent Orientation Meeting – February 15, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. This meeting will be to discuss curriculum and placement procedures prior to class registration
- Class registration (March 6-10, 2017)
Parents and students will meet individually to schedule courses and complete the school registration. Exact times and dates will be mailed with the test results.
Cardinal Mooney High School will award scholarships to the followoing:
Top 3 scores for first placement test (December 3, 2016) will be awarded a recurring scholarship of $1500 applied to for the student's tuition for the 4 years at CMHS.
Score in the top 90% - receive a one-time $1000 scholarship applied to the freshman tuition
Score in the 80-90% - receive a one-time $500 scholarship applied to the freshman tuition
Student acceptance and enrollment packets will be mailed after testing is complete. We will have enrollment for the following schools as follows:
St. Joseph Catholic School - March 6, 2017 at 2:00 pm
Epiphany Catholic School - March 7, 2017 at 2:00 pm
Incarnation Catholic School - March 8, 2017 at 2:00 pm
St. Martha Catholic School - March 9, 2017 at 2:00 pm
*Enrollment Sessions will be at the schools listed above.
All other schools must enroll at Cardinal Mooney Catholic High School Guidance Office - March 10, 2017 8:30 am - 1:00 pm and March 11, 2017 9:00 - 12:00 am. All other enrollment times must be scheduled through our Admissions office. Contact Rene Hebda at email@example.com or call 941-379-2647.
Cardinal Mooney High School accepts students into grades 10 and 11 if space is available. Only incoming 12th graders new to the area will be considered for acceptance. As a general policy, transfer students will only be accepted at the beginning of the semester (August or January).
Transfer student application process
Provide Cardinal Mooney with a high school transcript. Please contact the guidance office of your current high school to acquire a copy of the transcript.
- Contact Rene Hebda at 379-2647 Ext. 155 to schedule a private meeting. The student and parent must attend this meeting. Meetings for fall enrollment are scheduled beginning in March. Meetings for January enrollment are scheduled beginning in December.
- Provide other necessary documentation: Click here for a list of all transfer documents needed for enrollment.
PLEASE NOTE: Transfer students must release the discipline records from their previous school to ensure that the student is in good standing upon entering Cardinal Mooney High School.
For all admissions questions contact Rene Hebda at 941-379-2647 Ext. 155.
Cardinal Mooney Catholic High School will accept International Students for a minimum of two semesters. Contact the Admissions office for more information