8th Grade Students:
The first formal step to applying to Cardinal Mooney High School is registering and taking the high school placement test. This is a national high school exam written by Scholastic Testing Services. The exam covers six areas: verbal, language, reading, math skills, quantitative math aptitude and science. Detailed tests results will be mailed to each family 3-4 weeks after the exam. This test will also be used to determine academic scholarships at Cardinal Mooney.
Please click here to register for the placement exam
8th Grade application process:
Placement Test: The placement test will be offered on the following dates:
- Saturday, December 1, 2012
Saturday, January 12, 2013
Please click here to register for the placement exam. For those unable to attend on these dates, please call 941-371-4917 to make other arrangements for testing.
- January: Acceptance letters – Acceptance letters for those students testing on December 1st will be sent during the month of January after the test scores arrive.
- Open House at Cardinal Mooney – Sunday, January 27, 2013 – noon-2:00 p.m.
- Parent Orientation Meeting – February 14, 2013 at 7:00 p.m. This meeting will be to discuss curriculum and placement procedures prior to class registration
- Class registration (March 4-9, 2013)
Parents and students will meet individually to schedule courses and complete the school registration. Exact times and dates will be mailed with the test results.
Cardinal Mooney High School accepts students into grades 10 and 11 if space is available. Only incoming 12th graders new to the area will be considered for acceptance. As a general policy, transfer students will only be accepted at the beginning of the semester (August or January).
Transfer student application process
Provide Cardinal Mooney with a high school transcript. Please contact the guidance office of your current high school to acquire a copy of the transcript.
- Contact Robert Lees at 371-4917 Ext. 111 to schedule a private meeting. The student and parent must attend this meeting. Meetings for fall enrollment are scheduled beginning in March. Meetings for January enrollment are scheduled beginning in December.
- Provide other necessary documentation: Click here for a list of all transfer documents needed for enrollment.
PLEASE NOTE: Transfer students must release the discipline records from their previous school to ensure that the student is in good standing upon entering Cardinal Mooney High School.
For all admissions questions contact Robert Lees at 941-371-4917 Ext. 111.